Monday 11 July 2011

Liberation

On saturday, as well as doing a lot of baking and shopping, I also managed to squeeze in a spot of dressmaking.



I had purchased a piece of this liberty print fabric a little while ago. It is called Betsy and i just thought it was such a retro gem. The liberty fabrics are so beautiful but unfortunately also a little on the pricey side so the piece i bought was quite a small one (1m). I was planning to do another bit of draping, but decided to see if I could lay a pattern onto it for a 'real' dress and really rather pleased to find I could!

The pattern I used was this one from last summer (also used for this cold weather version) I have been wearing that dress this summer too - it was a good project for sure, despite it being a sad day for England in the world cup.

And here I am in my new blue one. I ended up in a bit of a rush on saturday as really wanted to wear it to see Surfer Joe and the other surf music bands who were playing that night.


I am so pleased. And it is nice when these things go together nicely. I definitely recommend liberty fabric for smooth sewing.

Now I am going to spend some birthday money at Linton Tweeds (fabric suppliers of Chanel) 
uh oh. spagetti oh.

Your fabric junkie,
Betsy, xxx

No comments: